You know the old adage, write what you know. Well, as I sit here at my little kitchen desk, click clicking away at the laptop, I muse (my new favorite word, if you haven't noticed) about what I know. CK1 has been begging me to write more, so this blog is an attempt at that.
Again, the big question lingers in my mind. What do I know? What could I possibly write that would be of benefit to others (why else do people write?) or what could I possibly say that would be original to anyone? I am a simple at home mom, with little formal education beyond high school and a tendency to obsess compulsively about how others view me. That description in and of itself seems to disqualify me as a writer. Nevertheless, CK1-the true Angie patriot that he is, is in constant pursuit of my happiness, and if writing a little of what I know will make him happy- so be it.
What what do I know? I know that I need horrendous amounts of sleep to be even remotely coherent, let alone companionable. I know that I love people so deeply, I often wish there were less people to love. I know that my Skunk Man action figure stinks most in his hind quarters. I know the exact dosing of Ibuprofen for each of my children, and can administer said dose in the pale light of the vent hood. I know the exact noise that Spice makes before she yaks all over her freshly laundered quilt. I know that I'm way too hard on myself and if I'd give myself the benefit of the doubt that I often allow others, I'd have more joy in my life.
I know more than that, but as I muse, that's all I'm coming up with, especially at this late hour (remember the sleep comment?). Just so you know, most of these posts will be absolutely everything about nothing. May you be forewarned, what I think sometimes makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I hope you can endure the ride. If this ride turns out to be a little confusing, perhaps even nauseating, hopefully someone you know can detect the noise you make before you yak too. Good luck, and may the force be with you. (Pardon me while I put my cloak in the closet...)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Angie, Shane is right! You need to write more! You are a natural, and I can see this evolving into a book - yes, I mean it! You are very gifted, thank you for letting me share and peek into your life. You inspire me, and I am just so grateful to know you!
Post a Comment